Thursday, February 23, 2006

I put my cynicism aside for one day

A silly workshop on God and community
talking sticks, “I statements” and circles.

And harvest.

The speaker is exposed when she speaks the word,
a nunly woman in a peasant skirt and crystals
with the sweetest voice I ever heard,
eyes like grandma’s, blue and wise.

Harvest, harvest, harvest.

Webster- “to gather in a crop,”
The beautiful nun- “to listen, understand,
collect each other’s words, repeat with a goal of oneness.”

I once wrote to a woman, “We are each other’s harvest.”

Me- “what is needed for survival.”

2 Comments:

Blogger rays said...

nice one!

i added you to my bloglinks..

is that ok?

Friday, February 24, 2006 3:40:00 PM  
Blogger tammy said...

You've been on a roll recently - writing some awesome poems (sorry I haven't been able to reply to very many of your poems, but I have been reading them.) Love this one.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home