Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Refreshing Beverage

it’s really quite lonely
this sitting in front of the screen
how it hums every now and then
the house quiet, the cats asleep in the sills
the beverages
coffee, water, Dr. Pepper, coffee
in that order and changing
about every 2 hours,
yeah, that equals 8 hours
about the time I spend at the desk

the beverages seem to be a clue
howabout this

she wrote me a poem once
the only line I recall was
Your Dr. Pepper with light ice,
and it was the nicest thing
anyone could say to me
almost as nice
as the woman who said
I want to make love to you
and I said I had never heard that before
I mean I had heard of making love
but at age thirty something
still no one had said make love to you
it was like a summer Dr. Pepper
with light ice

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, christine, this is so warm and lovely.

Sunday, May 14, 2006 2:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home